EasyPaisa has recently launched its new Escrow payment solutions in Pakistan. The new Easypaisa service has “Buyer Protection” meaning all payments made by the buyers are withheld before finally giving them away to the merchants. In this way the buyers get the option of opening a dispute with merchants if the items they have received are faulty or the specs differ from those advertised on the website.
In this way until the dispute is resolved, buyers payments are withheld and not transferred to the merchants. The new EasyPaisa service will help in boosting online e-commerce transactions and will give confidence to buyers. A recent survey estimates that 95 percent of of online purchases in Pakistan are based on COD (Cash on Delivery), and the main reason behinfd it is customers don’t trust online stores to pay in advance.
With EasyPaisa new service Escrow payments the customer can confidently pay online and in case of any problem with the item can raise a dispute to get a refund.
- Customer makes a payment through Easypay on an online store
- Funds are withheld with EasyPay for 7 days after the delivery
- If customer finds an issue or a problem with delivery, he/she can raise dispute with EasyPay to claim for a refund
- To raise a dispute, customer will have to fill the dispute from (shipped along with the product) within 24 hours after receiving product and email the copy of that checklist at
- Buyer.email@example.com in case product is damaged or has defect upon its delivery
- From the point when dispute is raised, the merchant will have 7 days to resolve the dispute with customer where customer may agree and settle for product exchange or refund
- The merchant may call customer for clarification and resolution and both parties shall document their response over the same email thread, which was initiated by EasyPay upon opening up of the dispute
- If no settlement is reached between customer and the merchant within the 7 day dispute resolution time period phase 1, then the case is escalated to the Easypay buyer protection dispute resolution committee and phase 2 of resolution is initiated
- Dispute resolution committee will have 7 days to investigate and shall go through the entire email thread and see the evidence to make a decision
- The dispute resolution committee will reply on the same thread acknowledging customer and the merchant about the decision and also giving the justification for it
- In case merchant doesn’t actively respond on the email thread in the given time frame, then dispute shall go in customer’s favour
- If customer’s dispute is right, funds shall be revered to him/her following Easypay reversal process
If merchant is right, customer shall keep the product and funds will be released to the merchant
Delivery disputes can also be raised if shipment is not received within 5 days delivery time period
Please note that the decision of Easypay dispute resolution committee will be deemed final and may not be challenged by either buyer or merchant in the court of law.