PTA and MoIT in a statement revealed that they welcome any proposals or recommendations from telecom sector for Information Memorandum (IM) of next generation 3G / 4G auction in country.
The sources confirmed that the IM draft is open for consultation till March 10th, 2014 and both PTA and MoIT are consistently in touch with all the stakeholders for value-able input.
MoIT informed that the 3G / 4G auction draft was shared with telecom industry stakeholders to get their input to finalize the draft.
PTA also confirmed few changes in the draft IM based on various inputs.
PTA also confirmed that there will be no change in timeline and will be strictly followed to achieve the targets. The Pre Deposit for the 3G and 4G auction bids is 15 percent of the base price for spectrum.
Telcos had also raised few concerns over auction of 3G/4G license planned on April 7th, 2014.
The timeline for auction of 3G/ 4G licenses Spectrum is as follows:
- Information Memorandum publication on Feb 25th, 2014
- End of consultation period on March 10, 2014
- Changes in IM, if any on March 17, 2014
- Information session for bidders to get clarification or ask any questions related to auction on March 19, 2014
- Submission of Sealed Bid deadline March 25th, 2014 @ 4PM Pakistan Time
- Announcement of Qualified Applicants on March 28th, 2014
- Final Auction date : April 7th, 2014