Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will meet on Sunday, 10 June, 2012 for the 33rd time in an historic Roland Garros final. Djokovic (World No. 1) will be looking to become the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four Grand Slam championship titles, while No. 2-ranked Nadal is bidding to capture a record seventh trophy on Parisian clay.Djokovic has won their past three matches in major hampionship finals (2011 Wimbledon, 2011 US Open and 2012 Australian Open). Nadal has won their past two clay-court final meetings at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters in April and the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome. Nadal leads Djokovic 18-14 in their FedEx ATP Head2Head series.
Here is a history of the duo’s last 5 career meetings:-
1. 2012 Internazionali BNL d’Italia Final, ATP World Tour Masters 1000, Rome, clay, Nadal d. Djokovic 75 63
2. 2012 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters Final, ATP World Tour Masters 1000, Monte-Carlo, clay, Nadal d. Djokovic 63 61
3. 2012 Australian Open Final, Grand Slam, Melbourne, hard, Djokovic d. Nadal 57 64 62 67(5) 75
4. 2011 US Open Final, Grand Slam, New York, hard, Djokovic d. Nadal 62 64 67(3) 61
5. 2011 Wimbledon Final, Grand Slam, London, grass, Djokovic d. Nadal 64 61 16 63